« back to search results
Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 224 of 224
< Prev
GDeichmann_Cambodia_Preah Khan1_1690613.tif
Buddhist Monks visiting Preah Khan in the Angkor Wat temple area Preah Khan was built on the site of Jayavarman VII's victory over the invading Chams in 1191. Unusually the modern name, meaning "holy sword", is derived from the meaning of the original—Nagara Jayasri (holy city of victory). The site may previously have been occupied by the royal palaces of Yasovarman II and Tribhuvanadityavarman.